Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Journaling

I have never liked to journal. Sometimes, I would try to journal my life, my prayers, or my spiritual journey--but it never lasted very long. I've read many Christian books that encourage journaling, so I tried again. Finally, I came to the conclusion that journaling worked for some, and not for others.

However, I now have a different perspective. Journaling what God has revealed to me is an important part of growth, whether I can see the results of it or not. I must be responsible for what God has shown me already, before I can expect Him to show more. This means having a system that works for me, being consistent with it, and coming back to review what I have learned.

Building consistency in journaling is similar to my past experience of building consistency in daily Jesus Time. It is a process. I'm not perfect and will have gaps. But the more I try and hold that as a goal while praying for the power of the Holy Spirit to change me, the closer I get to becoming who the Lord wants me to be.

May we always remember the voice of the Lord in experience and in writing. Happy journaling!

No comments: