Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spiritual Growth

When there is a “tree” in the road of my spiritual growth that I can not seem to get around, two things help me get through and get on. Fasting and getting a mentor.

As I look back on my life, significant spiritual growth has occurred, after I finally had enough of struggling and wanting more, when I invited a mentor in my life to challenge me and keep me accountable. It is such a powerful thing to have another person in your life praying for you and supporting you as you grow!

Another tool that helps me grow through the regular course of life is fasting. Busyness and distractions (even oversleeping) can crowd out my time with the Lord and cause me to not hear Him as well. However, fasting breaks the power of distraction in my life and focuses my heart back on the Lord.

“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.” Isaiah 26:3

“I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have given me life.” Psalm 119:93

No comments: