Sunday, June 29, 2008

God Sings Over Me!

What an amazing thing to begin to understand that the God of the Universe, the Living God, sings over me!

"The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17

"The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, And in the night His song shall be with me—A prayer to the God of my life." Psalm 42:8

"You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance." Psalm 32:7

I believe that this happens in the spiritual realm from which we experience the benefits. But I also believe that He uses His people as His voice. Such an incredible opportunity to be used as the Lord's voice! I pray that He would use me to sing His song over individuals in an empowered way that would invite the Lord into the situation and usher in the power of the Holy Spirit to collide with the hearts and the needs present for His glory!

This is a great article on the subject entitled "Sing Over Me" by Dennis Jernigan:
http://www.navpress.com/EPubs/DisplayArticle/2/2.39.3.html

No comments: