Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Prayer - Cry For Humility

Cry For Humility

I am nothing without You.
I can not even come into Your presence without Your grace.
I can never be good enough.
I do not deserve it.
You alone are my Salvation. You alone are my Righteousness.
You are Mercy. You are Hope.
You are Compassion. You are Peace.

I fall so short of the mark.
I am blinded by pride.
I am prone to distraction, to busyness . . .
I am in no way exempt from sin.
You alone are my Protection. You alone are my Forgiveness.
You are Holy. You are Redeemer.
You are Light. You are Truth.

I am not the center.
I am one among many servants and ministers.
I have little to offer.
I am not a cure-all.
You alone are my Direction. You alone are my Freedom.
You are Wisdom. You are Life.
You are Power. You are Healing.

I can refuse, but I choose to obey You.
I can receive praise, but I pass it to You.
I can analyze, but I will hear only You.
I have much, but it all belongs to You.
I can go my own way, but I choose to follow You.
I am a teacher, but I will be a student.


Debra Miner
(February 2009)

“For the LORD takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation.” Psalm 149:4
“The humble He guides in justice, And the humble He teaches His way.” Psalm 25:9

No comments: