Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Prayer - I Am Desperate, I Am Lovesick

I Am Desperate, I Am Lovesick
A declarative prayer of a sacred pursuit.

I am desperate.

I am thirsty and hungry.
I am poor and needy.

I earnestly long for You.
I fervently desire to know Your heartbeat.
I must have You more than life itself.

I don’t want to move without You.
I don’t know all the answers.
I don’t understand a lot of things.
I don’t want to mess up.

I need to hear Your voice.
I need to taste Your sweetness.
I need to smell Your fragrance.
I need to touch Your hand.
I need to see Your face.

My heart aches for Your presence.
My soul yearns for Your touch.
My strength cries out for Your life.
My mind pleads for Your revelation.

Remove the filth and grime.
Purify the deepest recesses of my being.
Stir up this holy passion.

Bring me to the rivers of Your pleasure.
Only You can satisfy.

I am lovesick.


Debra Miner, (February 2009)
My soul longs, yes, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. Psalm 84:2
My beloved spoke, and said to me: “Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.” Song of Solomon 2:10

No comments: