Monday, April 14, 2008

Praying God's Will

Many times, I have not known how to pray for people in their troubles and sicknesses. I desired to pray the heart of God, but did not know His heart. Sometimes people use the phrase, "may Your will be done," or "if it is Your will." But I want to move past that and know God's heart, I want to pray effectively with faith knowing that He will answer prayers when they are prayed in alignment with His will. But what is His will??

I have seen a little glimpse in the Scriptures. This is what I have learned.

Jesus instructed us to pray:
"So He said to them, 'When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. '" Luke 11:2

A small picture of heaven:
"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:4

Learning more of what heaven is like can give me a better picture of how to pray God's perfect will.

No comments: